The Local follows a strict protocol called the Order of Business or Agenda
This protocol allows meetings to be conducted in a timely fashion by separating all issues into their respective sections.
The Order of Business is as follows:
- Meeting called to order by ranking officer
- Reading of the previous General Membership minutes.
- Request for additional Agenda items
- Report of Local Officers (Treasurer’s, EVP, or Unit Rep)
- Committee Reports
- Membership / Organizing / Education / Equity
- Community Service / Retired Members
- Budget / Auditing
- Review of Old Business
- New Business
- Good and Welfare
- Adjournment of local meeting